Individual payments are a relatively new government initiative which enables individuals to take more control over the care and support that they require. This means that instead of the individual being given the option of residential care or home care support they can choose where to spend their allocated budget for support and what on. It may be that rather than needing support in the traditional sense to get up in the morning and maintain health and hygiene throughout the day the individual needs support to manage their anxieties or go out to work.
With the introduction of the Autism Act and the Autism Strategy, it has enabled individuals with autistic spectrum disorder to push forward and insist that their individual payments provide support and services unique and specialist to their needs.
Challenge Consultancy and Training Ltd specialise in providing packages that suit the specific requirements that you as the individual with an autistic spectrum disorder may have. This may range from:
Supporting your child with ASD
- Strategy to manage complex behaviours and impulsivity
- Specialist support around managing obsessions and rigidity
- Help to devise a structured routine that incorporates an element of flexibility to enable the family to function.
- Liaison between the family, social services and education network to enable consistent practice for your child.
- Direct work with your child to explore interests and abilities
Supporting you as an adult with ASD
- Independent living and how to cope
- Learning skills to manage you home
- Management techniques to coping with your anxiety and frustration
- Understanding others, what do certain phases and facial expressions mean?
- Going to college, making sure the support I need is there for me.
- Getting a job. Learning interview techniques and being successful.
- How to ask for help when I need it and who to ask.
- Building and maintaining friendships.
- Relationships and sexual health.
Whatever your identified need or needs, Challenge will work with you to achieve to the best of your ability. The way in which this is done is by creating a project plan with you so that everyone is clear on your goal and how this will be achieved.
Project Plan Content
- What do you want to achieve?
- How are we going to achieve it?
- What difficulties will we encounter along the way?
- How will we overcome these difficulties?
- Monitor and review
- Reduce input of support as a gradual process
How Much Will Challenge Consultancy & Training Ltd Charge to Support Me?
As an individual or a parent paying for this service either through private funds or by Individual Payments there is a fixed reduced cost. Initially Challenge would offer a free consultation to ensure that this is a service that you want to pay for and then each session would cost £45.00 per hour thereafte, plus 45p per mile.
Challenge Consultancy & Training Ltd will invoice all costs on a monthly basis so that you don’t need to worry about what you owe and when.