Challenge offers consultancy services for health and social care organisations who specialise in Autistic Spectrum Disorder and associated complex needs. The consultancy package can operate flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
Consultancy can be provided to a service to offer ongoing support and expertise in the area of ASD and complex needs. This allows the service to operate proactively when managing individuals with specialist requirements and changeable behaviours. Structured programmes are developed to allow for changes to take place safely and for the service to grow and establish in this specialist area. The programme will include:
- Assessing risk using historic presentation and management through to present day methods for the individual.
- Managing changing behaviours and replacement behaviours as a result of successful eradication of a particularly difficult behaviour.
- Developing SMART targets to allow the individual to achieve and develop self esteem in areas that are otherwise causing frustration and anxiety.
- Collating a consistent and workable framework for the individual which allows for proactive management.
- Staff participation and training in the development and deliverance of the agreed structured programme for the individual.
- Providing supervision for the people working with the individual, offering support and guidance and an outlet for the intensity of close proximity working.
- 1:1 Protected time with the individual to allow them to communicate their needs and choices using a method which they can access. Giving the individual an opportunity have a say in their future and wellbeing.