5 Day Workshop PHSE Training – Budapest 2015
The topic of the training is much needed in all sectors of autism support services, the course was very well designed with excellent visual presentation which enabled the participants’ understanding about the nature of autism and how to support learners to understand themselves whether that means better body awareness or sexual health. The topics were really indepth, during the training each topic was presented from several point of views which helped the participants to get ideas about how to adapt the topics for the learners with autism/LD’s individual needs.
– The participants praised Tracey for her credibilty as a trainer i.e. being a prarent and a professional, it was often mentioned that many aspects of certain topics were given a completely different light by the trainers’ presentation, the examples and feedback througout the training.
– The atmosphere and learning environment was also very positive, the participants felt encouraged to ask questions, share their concerns and everyday struggles. The trainers’ answers and feedback was always professional and positive which itself was exemplary for their future professional conduct.
– On a more indirect level, the training had a „sensitising” result in regards to supporting person centered approach, equality and rights of people with ASD/LD.
– The training methods were very well received, the group tasks were well designed, facilitated the understanding of the participants different background and personal/professional approach through their experience and field of work.
– The training best assets were the wide range of topics, the practice oriented learning methods (group and individual tasks and discussions) and the presentation of the information in a very structured way – which all helped the participants to understand not only the difficulties people experience when trying to make sense of the world around them but also understanding how to give appropriate amount and type of support to them.
Since the training the news of the course spread and not only professionals, but even governmental bodies and other organisations working with people special needs showed interest of this topic (eg. regarding ideas in using/incorporating some of it’s findings in abuse prevention and training parents…)
So I think you can be really proud for the reaction of this training, well, we are for sure. Thank you so much for coming, FSZK – Equal Opportunities of Persons with Disabilities non-profit Ltd
“I commission many courses for childcare practitioners within Carmarthenshire, and training on Autism and ASD related subjects is always in demand. I booked Tracey to deliver a course to residential staff working with children with ASD and Autism earlier this year and the feedback from all staff who attended the event was that Tracey’s training was excellent. Many staff fed back that the session had really helped them understand their service user’s behaviour in greater depth and had given them more confidence in managing it effectively. I would definitely commission Tracey’s service again and have no hesitation in recommending her training.”
Learning and Development Advisor
Carmarthenshire County Council
“Tracey Green pro-actively worked with Vision West Nottinghamshire College to support unemployed individual’s into employment, and offer bespoke training to her existing staff, to support their knowledge and understanding surrounding autism. Tracey’s enthusiastic approach to learning has supported in up skilling the care workforce and ensuring quality care is provided to her clients”.
Employer Engagment Manager- Health, Leisure and Employability
Consultancy 1:1 with Children/ Adults Recommendations
Tracey’s support has been invaluable to us. She was there for us when we didn’t know where to turn. Tracey has worked with us on so many levels, supporting assessment and facilitating diagnosis, educating and liaising with teachers and other professionals, helping all of us develop strategies while being a listening and understanding ear. However for me the most valuable things has been her role as an advocate, especially during those times when we were struggling to navigate the system. September 2015
“I have an eleven year old child with ADHD, ASD with PDA Traits and Type One Diabetes . Challenge Consultancy’s highly specialist and fully qualified service has been very helpful and effective in devising strategies to help motivate my child and to keep him calm and I would recommend this service with confidence to anyone who needs this kind of assistance.” September 2015
I can thoroughly recommend Tracey Green, Autism Consultant to any Parent/Carer of a child with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder OR to an adult with an ASD. Tracey came recommended to us by another professional in the field of Autism. Tracey was always reliable and punctual, which was a huge bonus to our adult son who has ASD. She is a very calm and confidential professional and also is very understanding and caring person who is able to listen and provide the correct strategies for each individuals needs. I can’t thank her enough for her time, patience and consistent work she has provided to our son.” September 2015
Business Consultancy Recommendations
“I have known Tracey for a number of years and as an Education Consultant have worked alongside her in her role as manager of a registered care home within Nottinghamshire. She has many years experience of working within the Health & Social Care sector and therefore has a practical knowledge of behaviour management issues and issues frequently encountered by care workers. In addition, Tracey has always been keen to consider the holistic needs of the service users that she has supported, many of whom have complex needs relating to their diagnosis of ASD and additional mental health requirements. She has worked closely with families, carers and other agencies involved in the welfare of service users in order to promote a consistent approach to the care and support needs that each individual has. Her working knowledge is supported by her professional qualifications.” – Fiona Speirs, Education Consultant (Learning Disability)
“Tracey Green of Challenge Consultancy and Training Ltd has made significant contribution to raising the service standards of care in the specialist field of autistic spectrum disorder. This has been based on her expertise and experience gained over a number of years working directly in the sector. Commitment to identifying staff development needs and supporting their achievements provides the firm foundation on which Challenge Consultancy and Training Ltd is based. Tracey Green’s commitment to this specialist sector is a commendation to existing and potential clients with value added potential of Challenge’s Quality Assurance Pledge.” – Dr Brian Murray, Management Consultant, Midland Training Services.